Ensure your familiarity with Pennsylvania's sentencing guidelines
- Learn the effects of the most recent guideline changes and what is yet to come
- Get a quick refresher on the fundamentals
- Get an update on risk assessment, and up-and-coming legislation that could impact your client
Are mandatories making a return?
- Delve into the latest legislative efforts on this topic and discuss the implications for sex and drug cases
Keep informed about the latest DUI sentencing
- The aftermath of Birchfield
- Analyzing the look-back period
- Collateral consequences
- Treatment requirements
How diversionary and other programs can benefit your client
The credits offered by this course count toward the CLE requirement of Criminal Procedure Rule 801, for appointment as defense counsel in a capital case.
- Know what to consider before choosing an alternative to incarceration for your client
- Compare specialty court programs and their requirements
- Take a closer look at Intermediate Punishment, Re-entry programs
IMPORTANT NOTE: The CLE Board indicates that you can earn all 18 of your capital case credits by distance education. However, for the general Pennsylvania CLE requirement of 12 credits per compliance year, only 6 can be earned by distance education per compliance year.