From a legal point of view these cases are tried the same way other med mal cases are tried. Where these cases differ is in the medicine involved.
An experienced panel of plaintiff and defense counsel as well as expert witnesses will address the legal, procedural and practical aspects of handling birth trauma cases as well as the very daunting medicine involved.
- How to evaluate a case
- Understanding the medicine
- How to conduct effective discovery
- Choosing an expert
- Proving/disproving that medical negligence caused brain injury
- Is it the doctor or the hospital or both?
- Effective voir dire in brain damaged infant cases
- Use of demonstrative evidence and exhibits
- The most important lessons for trying a birth trauma case
- Ongoing care for the brain damaged infant