Improve your practice
Have you ever had to deal with abusive discovery tactics used by opposing counsel? Have you ever been annoyed by the ‘word games’ played by opposing counsel in discovery responses? This basic program is designed to provide attorneys with valuable tips on good discovery practices, including informal discovery, and how to address the most common objectionable, and sometimes outrageous, discovery tactics.
Gain insight on dealing with disruptive tactics
- Dealing with a disruptive lawyer at a deposition
- Handling motions to compel effectively
- Contempt proceedings
- Potential discovery sanctions for those who refuse to cooperate
- Misuse of discovery subpoenas
- Effectively dealing with the “fishing expedition”
Understand your ethical obligations when conducting and responding to discovery
Ethics information has been integrated throughout this program. To receive ethics credit, you must attend the entire course.