Join us for the 12th Anniversary of the IP Institute!
Intellectual property is a burgeoning practice area with nuances and ever-changing innovations and issues that can try the patience of even the most seasoned practitioners. No one can afford to remain unacquainted with the rights and potential liabilities that may arise. That’s why those in the know attend PBI’s Intellectual Property Law Institute year after year. Our 12th Institute has something for everyone from the novice to the expert.
Gain legal insights for everyone from IP specialists to general practitioners and in-house counsel:
Topics - Day One
- Year in Review – CAFC
- Ethical Issues in Trademarks
- Amendment after Aqua Products. Where Did the Burden Go?
- Keynote Speaker Lunch: “Conflict Among the Branches: The Supreme Court, Congress and IP Law” Dean Gregory N. Mandel, Temple University Beasley School of Law (30 mins--not for credit; video replay only)
- Tips and Strategies (and Limitations) for Taking Down Internet Content – a continuation
- Year in Review – Trade Secret
- Internet of Things
Topics - Day Two
- Year in Review – Trademark
- Year in Review – Copyright
- What Clients Want and Expect of Outside Counsel
- Guest Speaker Lunch: Michael Mangelson, Intellectual Property Attaché, USPTO, U.S. Consulate General, Shanghai (30 mins--not for credit; video replay only)
- Bad Faith Filings
- Managing the High-Profile IP Case
- Ethical Issues Presented by the Strategic Use of Litigation Tactics