Brush up on adoption practice and procedure
Adoption is a complicated and emotionally-charged process. If you represent adoptive or birth parents, you need a thorough understanding of the current procedures and the applicable international, federal, state and county laws.
Avoid the ethical pitfalls of adoption practice
In a fun, interactive hour, using hypothetical scenarios, you will spot the ethical dilemmas involved in adoption practice and take away practical solutions to these problems.
Attend to learn this and so much more!
- Pre-placement planning
- Basic legal proceedings
- Relevant statutes
- Termination of parental rights
- The contested termination of rights case
- Competing adoption petitions
- Standing and Jurisdiction in adoption, custody and dependency court
- Representation of foster parents
- Interstate adoption issues
- International adoption issues