Anyone handling auto accidents needs to know about and understand the many types of liens that may exist before negotiating or litigating a case. Failure to account for liens can be disastrous to a client’s case and could leave you as the attorney with personal responsibility. Learn about the most often encountered liens, how to find and handle them, what the clients’ rights and obligations are and what the responsibilities of the attorney are.
- Review the different types of subrogation liens
- Hear about the basics of subrogation and reimbursement
- Delve into the intricacies of Medicare Set Aside Trusts and Medicaid Liens
- Examine the ethical pitfalls that can arise during settlement
- Participate in the discussion of various fact patterns that present ethical quandaries
- Learn what documentation you need to determine the validity of a lien
- Hear perspectives from both sides of the arguments