Get a road map for the future
Estate planning attorney Guy Matthews has an LLM in taxation and C.L.U. (chartered life underwriter) and ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) designation from the American College. He’ll give those looking to retire a fascinating overview of what to expect and how to plan for those golden retirement years.
• Learn strategies for securing a realistic future for you or your clients
• Discover how to maximize Social Security benefits as well as savings, IRAs and other retirement plans
Get answers and planning tips
• Should you change your investment strategies, re-allocate your assets and continue to work beyond age 65?
• Can commercial annuities and guaranteed income riders enhance your retirement plans?
• What’s the impact of Social Security benefits, early retirement and delayed retirement on your retirement plan options?
• How can you coordinate Social Security benefits with existing IRA and 401(k) accounts?
• What do you need to know about qualified plan distributions, withdrawals, minimum distribution rules, deferred compounding and beneficiary designations?
• What are the advantages of life insurance and rollover IRAs?
Explore your options
Zero in on specific options for married couples to enhance their Social Security spousal benefits such as:
• maximizing lifetime benefits
• tapping into surviving spouse benefits
• working while receiving benefits
• considering divorce
Review special options that may come into play if you or your clients were previously widowed or divorced.
Be “wowed” by Mr. Matthews like your colleagues who raved:
“This is one of the best programs I’ve attended.”
“Guy is great, informative and very knowledgeable.”
“Beyond good – incredible lecturer”
“He laid out the options for you as well as for your clients.”
“Guy’s explanations of delaying claims and filing for voluntary suspensions of Social Security benefits were eye-opening!”
“I never fill out course evaluations, but he was so good I had to.”
12:00 – 1:00 Planning for Retirement
• Asset allocation models (types, projections on growth, changes in risk)
1:00 – 1:30 Social Security Retirement Benefits
• Strategies for maximizing benefits
• Surviving spouses, divorced spouses, family benefits
• Budget Act and “voluntary suspensions”
• Health care coverage and its impact on planning
1:30 – 1:45 Break
1:45 – 2:15 Social Security (cont’d.)
2:15 - 3:15 Financial Accounts
• Distributions from IRAs and Qualified Plan Accounts
• Roth IRA Conversions and Distributions
• Coordinating Retirement Income with Non-Qualified Accounts