Obtain practice tips and tools for handling guardianships
Learn the fundamentals of guardianship law and practice in Pennsylvania. Our experienced faculty will guide you through the basic do’s and don’ts and help you sort out the ethical issues that often arise. You’ll learn how to represent an alleged incapacitated person, draft the guardianship petition, handle a guardianship hearing, and much more.
Master the fundamentals
- Make sure you understand how and when to seek the appointment of a guardian
- Get great tips for handling a guardianship hearing
- Learn practical, tried and true tips for obtaining expert testimony
- Discover what must be included in the guardian’s annual report
- Explore ways to avoid getting caught in the snare of the ethical traps common to guardianship practice
- Find out the circumstances sufficient to consider an “emergency” guardianship
- Learn answers to your questions:
- How do I evaluate when guardianship is really appropriate?
- To whom do I have an ethical obligation?
- What must the guardianship petition contain?
- How do I prepare for the hearing?
- What are the responsibilities and the limitations placed on the guardian?
And so much more!