Receive expert instruction from leaders in this practice
A panel of veteran elder and estate lawyers will take you from start to finish. You will be learning from some of the state’s most experienced, well-respected attorneys—each of whom has served on many of PBI’s elder law panels.
Walk through a typical scenario—beginning with the initial consultation
Learn how to guide your client through the long term care process as you follow a hypothetical client over the course of several years. Learn how to meet your client’s individual needs, spot potential challenges, and address the ethical dilemmas that may arise along the way.
Hone Your Practice Skills
Whether you’re new to the practice or a seasoned pro, you are sure to benefit from the shared strategies that will reinforce your ability to represent your clients effectively, with sensitivity and compassion.
- Gathering the correct information
- Planning ahead
- Finding the right resources
- The irrevocable grantor trust
- Qualifying for Veteran’s pension
- Crisis Planning
- Living Independently for Elders
- Paying Family Members for Care
- Traps in Nursing Home Contracts
- Qualifying for Medicaid
- MA Qualifying Annuities
- Medical Assistance Estate Recovery
- PA support laws: filial support obligations and the Necessities Act
- Understanding long-term care insurance
- Ethical issues for your practice