Volunteers - The Essence of the Nonprofit World
Nonprofits would be unable to accomplish much of what they do without the benefit of volunteers. If you represent nonprofits, or you serve as a director, board member, staff, or volunteer for a nonprofit whose mission is important to you, then this seminar is a must to review the rewards and challenges of volunteer staff.
Consider the Four Core Competencies for Any Nonprofit
Before examining the myriad of issues that relate specifically to using volunteer staff, first review whether your nonprofit is serving its mission effectively, and thereby taking the best advantage of your volunteers, by evaluating these core concepts:
- Leadership Capacity
- Management Capacity
- Adaptive Capacity
- Operations Capacity
Review Law and Policy Impacting Volunteers:
- Insurance coverages
- State and federal immunity laws
- Volunteer applications and contracts
- Compliance with child-protection legislation
- What employment laws are applicable, even for non-compensated/volunteer staff
Develop Procedures and Policies to Get the Most from Your Organization’s Volunteers
- Orientation and training programs
- Guidelines for volunteer staff
- Mentoring programs
- Social media policies
- Dealing with “rogue” volunteers
- Attracting and keeping dedicated volunteers
Walk Away with Practical Tips
Feel better informed and motivated to manage your volunteer staff or advise clients regarding volunteer staff; and get inspired to make the most of the generous people who give their time and talent to the nonprofit community!
Recorded during a live webcast in September 2016.