Review the do's and don'ts of witness prep
Probably the most important part of any litigation is the preparation of YOUR OWN witness. The strongest cases can be lost with a bad witness and more tenuous legal battles can sometimes be won with the help of a truly great witness. Join a stellar faculty of attorneys, judges, expert witnesses, and communications experts as they explore the challenges and strategies for effectively preparing a witness.
Examine and debate what to do with
- the egomaniac expert witness
- the insecure witness
- the angry/confrontational witness
- the rambling witness
- the witness whose testimony changes dramatically
Get answers to these questions and so much more…
- What are the most common mistakes attorneys make prepping witnesses?
- Is it ever okay to “coach” a witness?
- How do race/age/gender impact witness preparation?
- How do you make a witness understand the “theme” of your case and how their testimony tells the story?
- Are there different strategies for individual versus corporate adversaries?
- Can you change demeanor, speech patterns, body language ,and other unintended witness communication?
- Are the prep rules the same… or different… for plaintiff versus defense witnesses?
- How do you make a witness likeable and believable?
Earn an ethics credit
*Ethics information has been integrated throughout this program. To receive 1 hour of ethics credit, you must attend the entire course.