Important Information for Multiple Practice Areas
Realty transfer tax considerations are an important issue often overlooked! Whether your practice is in real estate, trusts & estates, business, bankruptcy, tax or a true general practice, you need to understand the ins and outs of realty transfer tax. This program will provide an overview of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia realty transfer tax and the rules and exceptions for both residential and commercial properties.
Identify Issues and Get Answers
- In a simple residential transfer, how re transactions between family members treated?
- Is the realty tax a lien that can impact title insurance?
- Is the current atmosphere more or less friendly to avoiding or minimizing transfer tax?
- Can a “bad result” ever be undone or modified to reduce the transfer tax liability?
- Do the chances of your client being audited differ depending upon how the deal is structured?
- What is a real estate company?
- What are the realty transfer tax consequences of transferring interests in a real estate company?
Important Issues for Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
This seminar is intended to present a core overview and understanding of realty transfer tax and will cover issues for both residential and commercial property transactions. The faculty will use hypotheticals to illustrate some of the issues that arise and provide answers to your questions. Walk away with a much clearer understanding of the impact of realty transfer tax!
Hear from Our Expert Faculty
Wendi L .Kotzen, Philip B. Korb and John D. Brenner will be featured at all sites. In Philadelphia, this outstanding team will be joined by Christine Tomasch Bak. Collectively, this panel brings years and years of experience and the insights of both the regulators and the private practitioner to offer you tips and steer you clear of the pitfalls of realty transfer tax.