Basic principles to help sort through drug and alcohol "under the influence" cases
Drug and alcohol-related cases can be complex; however, attorneys can sort out science-related details before reaching out to an expert in toxicology. You will learn some basic terminology and principles from a board-certified toxicologist that will help you figure out the details and viability of cases involving drivers or workers "under the influence."
- Identify the expected effects on the body from common street and prescription drugs.
- Differentiate between drug/alcohol levels obtained from blood, urine and breath.
- Identify common false negatives when interpreting drug screen results.
- Assess the utility of drug levels for commonly encountered street and legal drugs.
- Describe the correlation between drug and alcohol levels and level of impairment.