In a result that shocked many observers around the world, the UK voted in late June 2016 that it would withdraw from the European Union.
Join a panel of London and U.S.-based lawyers from the Dechert law firm for an hour-long webinar to bring you up to speed on recent developments connected to Brexit and a discussion of what might come next. Topics may include:
- Brexit basics - a brief recap of the developments that led to June’s referendum vote and the campaigns to leave and remain.
- Mechanics of a vote to Leave - Our expert faculty panel will facilitate an introductory discussion of the logistical next steps in the UK’s exit from the EU, including invocation of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty
- A look ahead - You will hear a sickesple of the many questions spurred by Brexit, including:
- What could Brexit mean to American businesses with operations in the UK and in Europe more broadly?
- What advice should attorneys be giving to U.S. Company boards regarding preparing for Brexit?
- What do we expect the impact of Brexit to be on cross-border M&A activity? Into the U.K? Into the EU?
- What areas of U.K. law may be subject to change, or require an overhaul, as a result of the U.K.'s pending exit from the EU?
Recorded during a live webinar in July 2016.