Learn about oral and written advocacy from the experts!
In this course, a distinguished panel of judges from the United States Courts of Appeals for the Third and D.C. Circuits joins with experienced appellate practitioners in both civil and criminal spheres to discuss their views on effective and persuasive advocacy in the federal appellate courts. The program will explore both written and oral advocacy at the appellate level. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear the “views from the bench,” as well as valuable advice from experienced appellate practitioners.
- Pick up valuable practice tips
- Understand the court’s internal review and screening process for civil and criminal cases
- Hear about common brief writing errors and how to avoid them
- Gain insight into the preparation and delivery of your oral argument before the court
- Learn about unique issues that can arise on appeal
- Hear candid and instructive observations by an experienced panel
- Learn practical techniques to aid both written and oral presentation at the appellate level
- Receive a valuable course manual full of articles about effective appellate advocacy