The rise of the internet has led to a revolution in how contracts are being attempted or created. As more clients use the internet to handle business transactions, there are a host of issues that perhaps can be prevented if care is taken to get what was truly sought by way of a contract. This practical webinar touches on some of the major areas in developing case law that reflect serious pitfalls in electronic contracting efforts.
Topics of discussion
- making emails and text messages legally operative offers and acceptances
- how to send emails and text messages that avoid inadvertently forming contracts that oftentimes do not contain protective terms
- understanding the pitfalls of email disclaimer language
- how to create an electronic contract that can withstand unconscionability and other challenges
- preventing subsequent electronic amendments and modifications to carefully drafted contracts