Learn the basics about how to close an estate in Pennsylvania
PBI’s seasoned practitioners will teach you essential procedures for closing an estate in this basic-to-intermediate-level program. Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the methods used to close an estate, and gain the practical advice you won’t find reading the Probate, Estates and Fiduciaries Code, or the Orphans’ Court Rules.
Examine each step of a formal court accounting and the audit process
- Learn the statutory requirements for filing an account
- Understand the nuances involved in providing proper notice to an accounting
- Know what forms to use and when
- Understand how to handle objections to the accounting, and walk through the audit process
Get the nitty gritty on family settlement agreements and receipts and releases
- Understand what elements are required in a family settlement agreement
- Avoid common mistakes when drafting a family settlement agreement
- Review sample agreements and discuss enforceability issues
Explore how the recent changes to the Orphans’ Court Rules will impact closing an estate
On September 1, 2016, various changes to Pennsylvania’s Orphans’ Court Rules took effect. Faculty highlight these relevant changes for you, particularly as they relate to the filing and auditing of accounts.