We all have seen the headlines: the untimely death of the famously talented from prescribed medications mixed with other substances. For the cases we don’t read or hear about in the media, some red flag scenarios exist that indicate harm may have been done to a patient due to a medication. With faculty member and board-certified toxicologist Allison Muller, explore questions and learn how to check medical resources when reviewing the details of a possible medication-related case. Attorneys can do their own investigation before considering a consult with a medical expert.
- Types of medication errors and how to pick them out of a medical chart
- Scenarios surrounding medication misadventures leading to patient harm
- Red flags that a medication adverse event may have been preventable
- The undocumented medication error or adverse event
- Practical resources attorneys can consult for information on medications
- How to identify a qualified a medical expert for cases involving medication misadventures