Problem employees can be very costly to businesses. Perhaps your job is to advise employers on how to deal with employees who are problems in the workplace. Or maybe you represent a "problem" employee. In this program, learn the legal issues you need to understand to advise your clients. You'll hear from lawyers who represent employees and employers, giving you both perspectives.
Gain solid information and answers to these questions
- What can be done in the hiring process to minimize risks of later problems?
- When can drug and alcohol testing be required?
- What are the pros and cons of performance evaluations?
- What is the best way to investigate and address employee complaints?
- What can really be done about "poor performers"?
- How can background checks by consumer reporting agencies create liability issues for employers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act?
- When can employees be fired for Facebook posts and tweets?
Recorded during a live webcast in February, 2018.