Every 68 seconds someone develops Alzheimer’s disease.
Nearly 20 million baby boomers are caring for their families, and in a wrenching role reversal, caring for their ailing parents at the sickest time. Alzheimer’s is a devastating disease that steals minds, memories, and independence. You are your client’s primary link to planning for the future, and preparing for the complications that may arise after the diagnosis and through the course of the disease.
Learn about the science of Alzheimer’s from a medical practitioner’s viewpoint:
- How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
- Causes, risk factors, warning signs
- Available therapies and treatments
Successfully navigate the maze of signs, symptoms and services
- Family issues and support groups
- Caregiver training
- Types of care and selection process
- Support and information from the Alzheimer’s Association
Adjust your estate planning techniques for unique circumstances
- Vital legal documents and special considerations for each
- Does the client have capacity to execute documents?
- Guardianship considerations
- Primer on Medicare and Medicaid
Ethics information has been integrated throughout this program. To receive ethics credit, you must attend the entire course.