OLD DOGGEREL, NEW TRICKS
The Internet generates novel ways to amuse and offend, provoke and stroke, encourage and destroy. Traditional legal issues remain, though, and web-based defamation is an increasingly common allegation for clients and their lawyers to face. Learn how this classic cause of action manifests online.
DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE
- Common law defamation versus defamation on the Internet
- What you need to know about the Communications Decency Act
- Get a better grip on slippery ethical issues that arise online
SHIELD YOUR CLIENT
- Practical tips on how to best protect your client’s reputation
- Non-litigation and litigation strategies when dealing with an anonymous internet defamer
WHAT YOUR COLLEAGUES SAY ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
- Fascinating – just the right length of time – great info
- Good overview of the issues
- I appreciated the pleadings included in the course manual
- One of the best. Very informative and easy to understand - Dynamic!
Recorded during a live webcast in February, 2018.