Join us for a complete breakdown of a sexual harassment case. In this lively discussion, you will learn the statutes and major cases that helped shape the current state of the law and see where it is going. Take away practical tips and pointers for litigating your next sexual harassment case.
A Sexual Harassment Practitioner's Need-to-Know Update of Recent Trends and Legal Changes Through the Lenses of Recent Court Rulings
- Evolution of same-sex harassment
- Considerations of transgender and sexual orientation in sexual harassment cases - square peg round hole?
- "Sexual favoritism" as a basis for other employees to claim sexual harassment
- The interpretation of the severe or pervasive standard today
- The single-incident hostile work environment claim
- Trends in courts retracting and expanding borders of the "continuing violation doctrine"
- Sexual harassment by the non-employee customer or client
- The outer boundaries of what constitutes protected activity in the modern age - the definition of "sexual harassment" today
- Sexual harassment implications of conduct outside of the workplace
- Notable settlements and verdicts
Sizing Up a Sexual Harassment Case Early and Critical Plaintiff and Defense Considerations from Intake and Retention Through a Responsive Pleading or Early Motion
- Shoring up plaintiff's case pre-filing
- Tactical and novel early approaches to defending pre-answer
- To file a pleading-based motion or not to file a motion - the pros and cons
Advanced Discovery Strategies and Techniques in Sexual Harassment Cases with an Eye Toward Critical Evidentiary Considerations
- Navigating an investigation of a plaintiff's personal life
- Is a plaintiff's former employer(s) fair game, and if so, is the dive worth the jump?
- Social media implications and the anticipated discovery battle on scope
- The social media deleting plaintiff and the anticipated fight over the consequences, if any
- Fair is fair, "other acts" evidence of the alleged sexual harasser and when it is admissible
- Who is a comparator under current jurisprudence, and what discovery is permitted?
- Electronic discovery update & interplay is a sexual harassment case
Tilting the Sexual Harassment Trial in Your Favor Through Pre-Trial Victories, Motion in Limine, Winning Evidentiary Arguments and Proper Jury Instructions
- Motions in limine and evidentiary arguments that may turn the tide!
- Throw cold water on your face at the end of the trial, don't fall victim to trial exhaustion and reliance on template model jury instruction, and seek to incorporate the following critical defense and plaintiffs' supplemental or modified instructions
Recorded during a live webcast in June 2018.