The price of dealing with the increase in overdose deaths is just one line in an ever-expanding list of costs associated with the US opioid epidemic—costs affecting public health, law enforcement, public employment, and local government budgets. With insufficient financial assistance coming from federal sources, could the new wave of related litigation be the answer to the epidemic?
While the media and public focus on the criminal implications of designer drug abuse, PBI offers a view tailored to the civil litigator.
- An Overview of the Problem
Professor Samuel D. Hodge, Jr.
- The ABCs of Drugs
Heather L. Harris, Esq.
- Civil Liability with Drug and Alcohol Misuse
Joan Orsini-Ford, Esq.
- Drugs and Alcohol in Family Court
Jeffrey M. Williams, Esq.
- Drug and Alcohol Issues in Schools
Mary Catherine Roper, Esq.
- Drug and Alcohol Issues in the Workplace
Michael J. Torchia, Esq.
Recorded during a live webcast in May 2018.