Get the basics to handle auto law cases
Two of the core aspects of auto insurance coverage – uninsured (UM)/underinsured (UIM) motorist coverage and limited tort coverage law - will be outlined in detail. Learn the
key terminology, how to properly read an insurance policy, what exceptions apply and how to bring or defend cases involving disputes over these coverages.
Learn the keys to understanding UM/UIM
- Whose insurance is primary
- When you can “stack” policies
- How to take advantage of multiple policies
- When a claim for bad faith should be pursued
Know the ins and outs of limited tort
- What injuries overcome the threhold and allow for pain and suffering recovery
- How you can prove “serious impairment of a bodily function”
- How to evaluate the “election” of limited tort and challenge its applicability
Recorded during a live webcast in July 2018.