School law is rapidly changing. Teachers and administrators, students and parents, as well as policy makers are grappling with difficult realities. From underfunded schools to ensuring that all students have equal access to education to making schools safe, the challenges are enormous. Learn about the latest issues, caselaw updates, and possible solutions. This program is for anyone who practices or is impacted by school law in Pennsylvania.
New Developments in School Funding Litigation: Adequacy and Equity in PA
- New rulings and trends in school funding litigation including the PA Supreme Court’s ruling in William Penn School District, et. al. v. Department of Education, et.al.
- Charter School Updates
School Safety and New Developments in School Discipline Law:
- School Safety: Current Law and New Proposals
- The Role of School Resource Officers
- Caselaw Updates: What Constitutes a Weapon
Special Education 201 (includes Ethics Credit)
- Implications of U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Endrew F.
- Bullying of Students with Disabilities
- Ethical Issues Relating to Settlement Agreements
Discrimination in Education: Challenging the Status Quo
Recorded during a live webcast in June 2018.
- Disproportionate Exclusion of Black Students
- Rights of LBGTQ Students: New Law, New Day
- Advancing the Rights of English language learners