Join us for the nuts and bolts of buying and selling residential property as well as an introduction to some important real estate topics often encountered in practice.
- Learn the fundamentals of a residential real estate transaction from your client’s first encounter with a real estate broker through funding the deal at closing.
- Know how to best advise and represent a client whether they are a buyer or seller, and some ideas on what to do when your client comes to you after they have signed a contract.
- Learn from experienced attorneys about the common pitfalls and local quirks that can derail a deal and how to handle surprises at closing.
- Most importantly, learn enough to recognize what you don’t know and how to find the information your client
- Buying and Selling Residential Real Estate, The Players
- Sellers Disclosure and Buyer’s Due Diligence
- Buying and Selling Residential Real Estate, the Transaction
- Closing, Buyers
- Closing, Sellers
- Closing, Title Agent
- Home Inspection Law HIPCA; FIRPTA
- Fair Housing Law Basics
- Boundary Disputes
Recorded live in August 2018.