Join a panel of experienced plaintiff and defense attorneys as they lead you through the law, mechanics and practicalities of handling a slip, trip and fall case—from initial client contact through depositions and settlement negotiations.
Update on the law
- Most recent case law on premises liability
- New Jersey (Philadelphia session only)
Initial investigation—plaintiff and defense points of view
- What information do you ask for?
- What documents must you have?
- Advising the client
- Explain your role and the terms of representation
- Initial document request
- Electronic discovery and the e-world
- Social media
Governmental immunity/state & federal
- Federal Tort Claims Act
- Political Subdivision Act
Taking and defending depositions
- Party witness
- Corporate designee
- Independent witness
Recorded live in August 2018.