Explore Medicare and Medicaid compliance in the resolution of workers' compensation and liability claims and discuss examples where settlement was saved and settlement was lost due to concerns over governmental benefits and benefit based liens.
This program will offer guidance on obtaining and preserving Medicare and Medicaid benefits and the use of special needs trusts, annuities and other mechanisms that may assist parties in resolving claims that involve governmental benefits.
Review of Medicare basics
- Medicare Set-Aside (MSA) update in general liability and workers' comp claims
- Medicare compliance from the plaintiff's perspective
- Examine MSP case law and the latest regulations
- Medicaid recovery rights in PA
- Medicare in the Claims Settlement
- Lien Resolution at Settlement
- Medicare Set-Asides
- Case Law Review
Recorded live in August 2018.