Mike Cash is that rare breed who loves trial, loves sharing his tactics and techniques with other trial lawyers and is a superstar at both. Trials is a fast-paced program rich with demonstration and worth every second of your attention. Mike Cash respects your experience and celebrates your already proven abilities as a trial lawyer. His presentation is designed specifically to take you to the next level of success in the courtroom.
Watch demonstrations of trial techniques in action
- Pre-trial tips that will allow you to shut down you opponent at trial
- High impact openings
- Illuminating direct examinations of any kind of witness that will hold a jury's attention
- Decisive cross-examinations which will unravel a witness
- How to create and use show-stopping demonstrative evidence
- Closing arguments that move the jury to action
8:30 - 10:00
The Trial Lawyer - A Dying Breed?
Pre-Trial: What to Do Before the Trial Starts
- "The Little Things"
Motions in Limine
- What Matters
- What Doesn't
- Using Your Discovery as a Guide
Voir Dire: Keep Your Friends Close - Get Rid of Your Enemies
- Questions Designed to Persuade
- Questions Designed to Eliminate
Opening Statements: You Get 10 Seconds - Don't Waste Them
10:00 - 10:15
10:15 - 11:45
Direct Examination: Lights...Camera...Action!
- Witness Preparation
- Conducting an Effective Direct
- Easy to Do - Hard to Do Well!
- Experts - A Special Breed
11:45 - 12:15
12:15 - 1:45
Impeachment - How to and NOT to - The Keys to a Powerful Impeachment
- Hard Cross v. Soft Cross
- Objectives and Tactics
Battling the Sharks
- How to Attack the Expert Without Becoming the Prey
- How to Spot (and Avoid) Danger
1:45 - 2:00
2:00 - 3:30
Demonstrative Evidence: Educate and Entertain
- High Tech vs. Low Tech
- The Best I Ever Saw!
- Control the Technology
- Big Hat, No Cattle?
Tidbits: Tips and Tactics That Can Save You at Trial
Closing Argument: "It Ain't Over Till It's Over"
- Substance and Sizzle
- Keys to a Powerful Closing