Wield the Dead Man's Rule Like a Pro
The Dead Man's Rule is designed to protect the estate of a deceased person from fraudulent claims made by an individual who had engaged in transactions with the decedent. When it applies, the Rule controls the competency to testify about anything occurring prior to the death of the decedent. It is crucial that attorneys practicing in civil litigation are familiar with this complicated rule and how it works.
Ace the Jump from Familiarity to Mastery
- Parse the Dead Man's Rule and its elements
- Learn the exceptions to the Rule
- Clarify your understanding by asking a judge
Get Practical with Realistic Hypotheticals and Tips
- Explore the Rule from both Orphans' Court and civil litigation perspectives
- Get practical tips from our experienced faculty
- Test your understanding on hypothetical situations
Recorded live in August 2018.