When the bereaved are suddenly called upon to arrange funeral services, they face emotional and demanding decisions. Frequently, serious disputes arise, and it’s time to call the lawyer. Can you provide instant, accurate advice on that call? Spend just one hour with lawyer-funeral director David Videon. An engaging speaker, Mr. Videon will review legal and practical applications of funeral law, including these topics:
- Consents – traditional funeral/cremation
- The legal effect of a pre-arranged/pre-need funeral contract
- Conflict among bereaved family members – Lawyers/Court involvement.
- Funeral considerations as a part of estate planning.
- The FTC Funeral Rule
- Governing Pennsylvania law
Understand the answers to these commonly asked questions:
- Upon death, who is authorized to arrange the funeral services?
- Is embalming required before cremation?
- What circumstances require and autopsy?
- What is the funeral director’s role/responsibility in settling disputes among family members?