For many clients, the new focus of estate planning under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is now on income tax planning. Come to this new course and learn about:
- Reduced Income Tax Rates
- Section 199A Pass-Through Deduction
- Estate and Gift Tax Changes
- Should Gifting Continue?
- On-Going (Dynasty) Trusts vs. Outright Distribution
- Estate Planning with Qualified Assets (IRA Accounts)
- Estate Tax vs. Income Tax
- The Importance of Basis (step-up vs. carryover)
- Planning with Highly Appreciated Property
- The Need for Trust Modification -- Changing an Irrevocable Trust
Pick up valuable practice tips
Guy Matthews, an experienced attorney in business, estate and financial planning matters, will shed light on the TCJA tax reforms and share why he is so excited about the fresh challenges and opportunities it creates for estate planning practice.
Recorded live in August 2018.