In this joint family law and estate/elder law course, examine various planning techniques for modern families, including long term care planning for clients with children from previous marriages and planning for unmarried partners.
Receive practical guidance on counseling clients
- Representation and conflict issues
- Information gathering tips
Examine issues at the intersection of family law and elder law
- Pre and post nuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Gifts to divorced or separated children, alimony & child support issues
Explore long term care planning tools and techniques
- To marry or not to marry for long-term care
- Use of irrevocable trusts
- High assets/income: private pay, life insurance, and long term care insurance
- Spousal refusal
- Transfers by the community spouse after Medicaid eligibility
- To gift or not to gift: single individual vs. community spouse
Recorded live in November 2018.