Learn when to apply
Choosing when to retire is one of the most important decisions you or your clients will make in their lifetime. Determining how much money is available from Social Security may be a huge factor in that decision. And how and when should you claim these benefits? This course dispels the myths and focuses on the practical realities of Social Security benefits. Get a practical overview, tips for planning and advice for handling all kinds of complicated questions and situations.
Get tips on
- Eligibility for retirement benefits
- Internet resources
- Amount and duration of benefits
- Overpayments and waivers
- Special situations that create changes
Pinpoint strategies for securing the best possible future
- Early, full and post-retirement benefits
- Benefits for survivors, ex-spouses, children & other dependents
- Effect of post-retirement earnings on benefits
- Coordinating with Medicare and other benefits
Listen and learn from our outstanding instructor
John Whitelaw has over 30 years of experience in representing clients before the Social Security Administration. He has represented hundreds of individuals in administrative hearings, federal district court and the Court of Appeals.
Your colleagues rave:
- Great speaker – fun and informative!
- Wonderful, dynamic, interesting and extremely practical
- Animated and humorous – an excellent presenter
- Very inspiring and helpful
- Engaging and knowledgeable
9:00 – 10:00 What Is Social Security?
•Internet resources •Applying for benefits online •Insured status requirements •Eligibility for retirement benefits •Lump sum death benefits •Effect of post-retirement earnings upon benefits
10:00 – 10:30 Supplemental Security Income
•Eligibility •Income limitations •Resource limitations
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:15 4 Problems and How to Solve Them
•Early retirement •Declining Medicare Parts B and D •Dependents/Survivors •Overpayments & Waivers