Know what to do when you get the call
The family of your deceased client calls to ask you, “What do we do now?” In this practical seminar, our experienced faculty will go beyond estate administration basics and deal with other “death questions” that often arise. They will take a look at common issues that arise for a decedent’s family, and they’ll offer practical solutions for resolving those issues and identifying resources for finding answers.
Get practical tips for:
- Identifying and dealing with an executor
- Negotiating your fee
- Setting reasonable expectations for the family
Explore these questions
- How do you handle disagreeing family members?
- What are some of the basic laws people need to know about funeral homes/cremation/cemeteries?
- What benefits (Social Security, Medicare, life insurance, pension, etc.) need to be dealt with and what ongoing benefits might a surviving spouse be entitled to?
- How do you locate all of the assets/heirs of the deceased and how do you dispose of assets?
Hear from those in the “know”
Our panelists include those who have knowledge about related areas such as funeral laws and current practices; Social Security benefits; sale of estate property, and more. Join us for this enlightening and practical program!
- Funeral & Burial Issues
- Getting Started with Your Clients
- Handling the initial meeting
- Negotiating the fee/engagement letter
- Setting up Bank Accounts
- Dealing with Probate Assets
- Handling Non-probate Assets (life insurance, retirement accounts, Social Security, DHS claims)
- Inheritance Tax Returns
- Real & Personal Property – How to Get Rid of Stuff!
- Settling with Creditors – Getting the Bills Paid
- Wrapping up the Estate – Family Settlements
Recorded in February 2019.