A networking event that spotlights the major issues impacting your practice
Join PBI as we launch our 2019 Personal Injury Law Conference, bringing litigators throughout Pennsylvania under one roof to learn, compare, share, and challenge emerging developments, trends and practices in personal injury litigation.
This one-day event features four program tracks offering the latest in the areas most relevant to your work:
• Premises liability
• Product liability
• Complex litigation
Top personal injury lawyers, judges and experts gather to offer an information-packed agenda of topics that zero in on your practice:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Plenary)
Judges’ Roundtable, Moderated by Robert J. Mongeluzzi
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM (Workshops)
- Auto Insurance 101: A Crash Course
- All the Places You Can Fall
- Current State of the Law after Tincher
- Trying a Case before the Social Media Generation
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM (Workshops)
- Litigating UM/UIM
- Help, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up: Who Do You Sue and Why? (Identifying the Proper Defendant & Selecting Venue in Complex Premises Case)
- The Bad Ass Case (Exemplary Cases)
- The Art of Simplifying the Complex Case
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (Workshops)
- Liens & Other Boring Stuff that You Gotta Deal With
- Defeating the Premises Cases
- Pinchpoints, guards & blades, oh my! Intake & Investigation of a Products Case
- Wrestling with Multiple Defendants
2:15 PM – 3:15 PM (Workshops)
- Look Mom, No Hands: Highly Automated Vehicles
- Do I Need an Expert?
- If It’s Not Broken, Don’t Fix It: How to Defend a Products Liability Case
- How to Avoid a Catastrophic Verdict in a Catastrophic Case
3:30 PM – 4:30 PM (Plenary)
- The Need for Civility: Planners’ Roundtable
Design your CLE experience, choosing from topics geared to the beginner and experienced alike. Basic, intermediate and advanced sessions offer a balanced perspective, with both defense and plaintiff’s perspectives represented.
Stay on top of the issues that are essential for your practice – take advantage of the variety of lectures, workshops and panels, access to the state’s most respected plaintiff’s and defense counsel and judges, and phenomenal networking!
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Program Sponsor: PBA Civil Litigation Section