200+ special education law professionals gather to learn about today’s most relevant issues—join them!
Attend the premier education event for child attorneys, school district attorneys, hearing officers and advocates
Connect: learn, exchange, and share the passion with other special education professionals and create exceptional education opportunities for exceptional children!
More than a dozen workshops, exposure to leading counsel, and phenomenal networking! Today’s most critical issues are explored by attorneys and professionals who practice in this area every day. Ask questions, challenge concepts, and shake a few hands—there is no better way to meet and connect with others who practice in this area, too!
Gain a balanced perspective on all issues
Most of the sessions are team-taught by a balanced panel of school district and parent/child attorneys. Gain the competitive advantage by hearing how a case is handled from both sides of the “v”!
Are you a parent of a child with exceptionalities?
The ECC offers you first rate instruction for advocating for your child, contact with some of the state’s most experienced legal practitioners, and exceptional opportunities to meet and compare notes with other parents.
- Gathering ground for:
- Hearing officers
- Advocates representing children, families, and school districts
- School administrators and teachers
- Anyone who wants to learn more about educational rights for children
Join us in Center City Philadelphia for this year's conference!
- Convenient location - PBI's CLE Conference Center, Suite 1010, Wanamaker Building
- Close to shopping, fine dining, the Reading Terminal Market, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell Center, and more!
- Bring the family and make it a weekend!
- Many ways to make the commute - car, rail, buses
This year's line-up--targeting the specific needs of your busy practice:
8:50 AM – 9:30 AM (Plenary) (Simulcast)
9:40 AM – 10:40 AM (Workshops)
- Contingent IEP Case Law
- Due Process Litigation Strategy
- Anxiety/School Phobia
- Introduction to Special Education Law (Simulcast)
10:50 AM – 11:50 AM (Workshops)
- Medications and Students (Simulcast)
- English as a Second Language
- Alternative Education for Disruptive Youth (AEDY)
- FERPA/Education Record Issues
12:35 PM – 2:05 PM
Year in Review (Simulcast)
2:20 PM – 3:20 PM (Workshops)
- Discipline of Students with Disabilities (Simulcast)
- Speech/Language Evaluations
- Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities and Cross Battery Assessments
- Solutions to Modern Day Ethical Problems
3:30 PM – 4:30 PM (Workshops)
- Trauma-Informed Practice and the Intersection with Special Education
- Intersection of School Resource Officers and Students with Disabilities
- Transition to Adult Services
- Ethical Considerations for the Special Education Lawyer (Simulcast)
Planned and Developed by the PA Bar Association Legal Services for Exceptional Children Committee
Who better to hone in on the most important and emerging issues affecting today’s special education law practitioner? Join the Committee members at their 2019 conference, designed to highlight the most relevant legislation, regulations, and programs affecting exceptional children and their families. If you’re not a member, join on-site!
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $60. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.