Discover the basics of Medical Assistance planning
- eligibility rules for single persons and married couples
- spend-down techniques
- asset transfer rules
- basic planning strategies
Learn how to complete the PA 600L form
Convince the Department of Human Services of your client’s eligibility with the valuable knowledge and practice tips you’ll pick up. Come away knowing how to avoid common mistakes when completing the PA 600L so you can prevent unnecessary delays and efficiently obtain the desired result for your client.
Know the issues, timelines and players involved
You’ll learn how to interface with the various players involved, deal with such issues as penalized gifts, caregiver agreements, prepaid funeral expenses, purchasing personal items for the applicant or spouse, post eligibility planning and post-death issues, including sale of an exempt home and dealing with filial responsibility.
Test your knowledge with these questions
- Exactly how does the Medicaid application process work?
- What are the medical and financial eligibility rules for singles and married couples in Pennsylvania?
- Which spend-down tactics are best for your client?
- Why is the timeline of this process so important?
- What documentation needs to be supplied to the Department of Human Services (DHS)?
Materials: All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded live in April 2019.