New expectations and additional responsibilities are being placed on boards in critical areas of governance, including oversight of complex operational issues, risk management, board succession, audit committee oversight, executive compensation, disclosure and responsiveness to and communication with shareholders pressing different concerns. In addition, new laws and regulations, and pressure from institutional shareholders, have put new requirements on companies and on boards. Looking forward, what changes can boards expect to face? At this renowned Institute, leading corporate governance experts — directors, government officials, corporate counsel, and academics — will share their perspectives on the fast-changing regulatory environment, the new competing pressures and expectations being placed on boards, and needed steps boards will want to consider.
What You Will Learn
- GDPR, Cybersecurity and Beyond
- Stockholder Relationships and Activism
- Oversight, Enforcement and Liability Considerations for Corporate Directors
- C-Suite Misconduct – The Delicate Balance
- Audit Committees: What’s Next?