Are you admitted in New Jersey but don’t have the opportunity to practice there very often? Do you shy away from cases because of a lack of familiarity with the practice and procedure? Are you just getting started in your law practice and want to be able to serve clients on both sides of the Delaware?
This program is designed for the Pennsylvania practitioner who wants to acquire or update their knowledge and comfort level practicing in the New Jersey Superior Court setting.
Attorneys who regularly practice in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey will address the differences in procedure, filing, motions practice, discovery, and rules of evidence between the states and then delve into some specific types of cases to illustrate how these differences play out. Among the types of cases to be addressed are auto law, medical malpractice, and premises liability matters.
- Filing – Pleadings, the How, What and Where of Pleadings Practice in NJ Courts
- Important Rules of Civil Procedure and Practical Experience; Most Common Mistakes Made by PA Lawyers
- Motions Practice and Discovery Procedures including Technological/Electronic Discovery in NJ
- Substantive Topics: Auto Law, Medical Malpractice, and Premise Liability
- Important NJ Rules of Evidence and Preparing for Pre-Trial and Trial
- NJ Subrogation Law
- Property Damage
All attendees will receive the course materials as a digital book. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.