Get moving with cycling, yoga and CLE!
If you’re like most of America, your new year’s resolutions to shape up, eat healthier, and be more productive at work fizzled out in February. Now June is just a few short weeks away and that means bathing suit season. If that doesn’t cause you stress, then you’re one cool customer.
How best to counter the stress, anxiety and maybe even depression you feel after a tough day at the office, juggling clients, billable hours, unrealistic expectations—and yes, the thought of trying on that bathing suit? It’s time to hit the gym—and grab a few CLE credits at the same time. We call it “mindful multi-tasking” and why not give it a try? Here are five reasons why you should:
- Study after study puts lawyers at the top for work-related stress, anxiety and depression. Buck the statistics.
- Exercise is one of the most effective ways to improve and maintain your mental health, and you don’t have to be a fitness fanatic to reap the benefits.
- Mindfulness helps you react more calmly to stress, achieve higher quality interactions with clients, and improve mental and physical health.
- You will learn how to manage stress, achieve work-life balance and deal with the conflict that is characteristic of this profession
- Knock out two of your required CLE credits in a unique and fun program format
Your CLE at the Gym experience includes:
- 2 CLE credits – Learn how to achieve work and wellness balance through mindfulness
- Cycling – 30 minutes – if you’ve never tried cycling, here’s the perfect opportunity to ease into it. Spinning helps build endurance, strength and cardio health.
- Yoga – 30 minutes – demonstrated to cultivate awareness, empathy, empowerment and discipline.
All participants must complete and sign a valid waiver before beginning any of the exercises included in this program.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.