The emergence of new financial products has taken over the attention of consumers and investigators alike, emphasizing the importance of a basic understanding of financial products for attorneys at all levels of their practice. This program will explain the fundamentals you need to know when dealing with the more common financial investment products in the marketplace today. Experts in the financial industry will discuss the varying kinds of financial products, their individual structures and uses, and the impacts of recent regulatory and legislative developments.
Derivatives products, capital markets products, securitized products, permanent capital vehicles, and cryptocurrencies will each get an in-depth review. And while these instruments have been invaluable tools, with enormous potential for product manufacturers, investors, and the financial institutions that offer them, they also create potentially significant legal risks and challenges for clients and their legal counsel. Whether it is a result of changes in the market or the impact of regulation, there has not been a better time to improve your understanding of financial products.
What You Will Learn
- Gain insight into the use of derivatives — swaps, collars, options, futures and forwards to hedge portfolio positions
- Overview of regulatory approaches to cryptocurrencies and crypto-assets
- Learn how hedge funds and other private funds are structured and operated in light of government enforcement agencies’ efforts surrounding them
- Review universal life insurance, variable insurance products, guarantees, and life settlements
- Discuss flow-through entities, including REITs, BDCs, and similar vehicles
- Understand the effects of the credit crisis on securitized products