Don't miss this opportunity to join our panel of experts and learn the nuances about Pennsylvania's Right-to-Know Law! As part of this course, you will receive a downloadable edition of the comprehensive, new release from PBI Press, The Right-to-Know Law: A Practice Guide.
Requesters, Responses, and Records, oh my!
- What is a record – what you can and cannot get
- Specificity Issues - tips for writing a successful Request
- Responding to a Request
- Sample responses
- Managing agency records and streamlining the ORO’s workload
- Agency Fees
Sorry, Charlie - Exemptions from Public Access
- Review of the most common grounds for denying access to records
- Recent case law update
- Right to Privacy Issues
- Attorney Client Privilege
- Common Statutory Exemptions
Appeals Process before the OOR and the Courts
- Filing the appeal - Tips for success
- Third party participation /intervention – due process issues
- Crafting a winning Affidavit of Support
- In-camera review
- Bad Faith and Attorney’s Fees
- Post appeal issues – You won the appeal, so now what?
Tuition includes a copy of PBI Press book #10183 The Right to Know Law: A Practice Guide. Attendees will receive a hard copy of the PBI Press book at the course and a digital copy via download. The PBI Press book is available for separate purchase on PBI’s website or by calling PBI’s Customer Service at 800-932-4637.