With an aging population and a tightening of government resources, more and more of the elderly are seeking legal advice to aid them in handling their health care, estate planning, guardianships, asset protections, retirement planning and other elder law issues. This new book is designed to introduce lawyers to the specialized issues involved with providing legal services to seniors. If you are new to elder law or just want to brush up on the basics, this is the book for you.
Summary of Contents
- Foundational Estate Planning Documents
- Guardianship of an Incapacitated Person — 20 Pa. C.S.A. §5501 et seq
- Basic Asset Protection Strategies and Funding
- Retirement Planning and Elder Law
- Estate Recovery: The Intersection of Estate Administration, Medicaid and Debtor-Creditor Law
- Succession Planning for Your Elder Law Client’s Family-Owned Business