No law says a legal citation guide has to be boring or hard to use. (We know—we checked.) Noted by the Bluebook as a source of Pennsylvania-specific legal citation, PAstyle: A Pennsylvania Stylebook and Citation Guide for Legal Writing is a practical guide to legal writing and citation. Written in an approachable and fun-to-read style and designed to be the Swiss Army knife of desk references in a lawyer’s arsenal, PAstyle covers all aspects of writing from grammar, spelling, and citation to how to make document production faster and easier.
- citation formats: cases, rules, and statutes, both federal and state
- abbreviations and terms in citations
- general style guidelines for clear writing
- grammar and usage guides
- typography: court requirements, typographical symbols, and tips for more efficient document production
- quick-reference word list with hundreds of words noting case, spelling, and style
- names of acts often mis-cited and citations for common Pennsylvania codes
- Internet sources for further information on citation and style
Included with the book is a USB drive that includes a PDF file with commenting capabilities enabled for users to be able to add their own notes to the book.
Summary of Contents
- Abbreviations and Terms in Citations
- General Style Guidelines
- Grammar and Usage
- Quick-Reference Word List
- Popular Name Acts
- Handy Internet Sources for Citation and Style
Automatic Update ServiceThis book is included in PBI’s automatic update service. PBI will publish supplements or new editions as appropriate to keep the book up to date. We will send you a notice when a new edition is available. You will then have the option to purchase the supplement or new edition at a discounted rate or decline the offer, with no further obligation.
If you would like to opt out of the automatic update service, log in to your PBI account, click on Your Account and select Account Home. Then, click on Automatic Update Products. If you do not wish to receive automatic updates for any product, uncheck the box next to that product. If you would like to opt in to the automatic update service for any product, check the box next to that product.