There are so many issues currently facing physicians and dentists. This manual covers the essentials necessary to represent a physician or dental practice. These materials will walk you through the legal considerations of group practices. You will explore how to avoid fraud and abuse liability, what is involved in the sale of a dental practice and the prosecution and defense of a healthcare professional license enforcement action. Finally, the fundamental employment law issues that affect physicians will be covered. The many sample forms contained in this book also make it an indispensable resource.
Summary of Contents
- Practice Consolidation: A Pro-Physician Health Care Attorney’s Perspective on Medical and Dental Practice Transactions
- Fraud and Abuse: Just the Basics
- Group Practice Dynamics
- Ethical Issues in Representing Physicians and Dentists
- The Prosecution and Defense of a Healthcare Professional – M.D./D.O./D.M.D./D.D.S
- Nine Employment Issues Every Physician Should Know