The Alzheimer's Association's 2019 Facts and Figures are out, and they're sobering:
- 5.7 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's Disease
- Every 65 seconds, someone in the U.S. develops the disease
- Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Alzheimer's and other dementias cost the nation $290 billion
- This year, caregivers will provide an estimated 18.5 billion hours of care
Whether you are in a position to provide counsel to a patient or family, or dementia has touched your social circle personally, this books provide essential guidance to navigating the uncertain course that is Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Summary of Contents
- The Science of Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Alzheimer’s Association: How the Disease Affects Families, Available Services and Resources
- Medicare and Medicaid: A Primer
- Estate Planning for the Alzheimer’s Patient
- Ethical Issues for the Attorney