PBI provides partial scholarships for most accredited seminars (subject to the availability of funds). These are available on a confidential basis to attorneys with limited financial means to meet up to 12 credits of their current Pennsylvania CLE requirement. An application must be filed no later than 30 days before the date of the program the applicant seeks to attend.
To receive an application, write to Scholarship Administrator, PBI, 5080 Ritter Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-6903, call Customer Service at (717) 796-0804 or click here to download the form now (PDF = 170k, Acrobat software required). Mail the completed form to the address above or email it to email@example.com. Please note: scholarships are not available for distance education.
Contact the Practising Law Institute to apply for scholarships to PLI simulcasts; read more about PLI Courses here.
PBI will provide a complete waiver of tuition fees for the first 12 hours of CLE taken to satisfy the Pennsylvania mandatory CLE requirement in any calendar year for all attorneys employed on a full-time basis by Pennsylvania civil or criminal Section 501(c)(3) legal services or public interest organizations. For additional courses (over and above the first 12 hours), eligible attorneys may enroll at 50 percent of the highest member fee. This waiver applies only to attorneys in Section 501(c)(3) organizations that provide legal services at no or de minimus fee to individual members of the public.
Attorneys who are members of the PBA may take advantage of “PBI CLE Discounts.”
The more PBI courses you attend, the more you’ll save. Membership benefits matter and save you money!
The following conditions apply to these PBI Discount Coupons:
- The coupons must be redeemed in the sequence indicated and may only be used in connection with your enrollment for PBI courses held in the current dues year. Only one coupon may be redeemed per course (including two-day seminars).
- The coupons must be redeemed at the time of your enrollment and may not be redeemed at a later date.
- The coupons are an exclusive benefit for the named member and are non-transferable.
- The coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other PBI discount.
- The coupons may be used in conjunction with any PBI seminar for which the tuition is $100 or more.
- The coupons apply solely to CLE programs for which you register directly through PBI.
- The discount coupons do not apply to CLE courses for which you register through the Pennsylvania Bar Association such as the PBA Annual and Mid-Year Meetings, Malpractice Avoidance Seminars and certain PBA Section events. These PBA events are always offered to members at substantially discounted fees.
- New in 2016: coupons can now be used for distance education (PBI’s online campus, webcasts and webinars).