Ensure your familiarity with Pennsylvania's sentencing guidelines
- Learn the effects of the most recent guideline changes and what is yet to come
- Get a quick refresher on the fundamentals
- Get an update on risk assessment, and up-and-coming legislation that could impact your client
Are mandatories making a return?
- Delve into the latest legislative efforts on this topic and discuss the implications for sex and drug cases
Keep informed about the latest DUI sentencing
- The aftermath of Birchfield
- Analyzing the look-back period
- Collateral consequences
- Treatment requirements
How diversionary and other programs can benefit your client
- Know what to consider before choosing an alternative to incarceration for your client
- Compare specialty court programs and their requirements
- Take a closer look at Intermediate Punishment, Re-entry programs
The credits offered by this course count toward the CLE requirement of Criminal Procedure Rule 801, for appointment as defense counsel in a capital case.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The CLE Board indicates that you can earn all 18 of your capital case credits by distance education.
Recorded in February 2017.