A basic level program providing an overview for attorneys advising business owners on the importance of planning for an unexpected absence, this highly practical course delivers comprehensive information necessary for planning a successful exit.
You will learn about:
- Transition options
- Formulating a transition plan
- Valuation of the business
- Insurance planning
- Legal and tax considerations related to timing the transfer/sale of the business
- Estate, inheritance and gift tax planning strategies
- Structuring the estate plan, including equalization issues
Bonus Content: Valuation of a Buy-Sell Agreement
Discover the importance of buy-sell agreements and what circumstances trigger such a transaction as you walk through the steps the value a business.